This was another great year for Best Attendance. As always, our reason for existing is to help build stronger local communities by giving nonprofit, volunteer, and educational organizations the administrative tools they need to do their job. More and more throughout this year, for-profit businesses such as martial arts schools are finding that Best Attendance is helping them as well.
Here are some of our biggest accomplishments from the past year:
- We ran our second summer internship program. This program gave us some extra, much-needed development bandwidth. Our interns work directly, hands-on, with our core product and gain some great experience in preparation for entering the job market.
- Our mobile site launched! This would never have happened without the hard work of our summer intern. She created the entire front end experience for our mobile site and implemented some timely bug fixes to our server-side code.
- The new mobile site is perfect for groups who do not meet in classrooms all the time, or who have meetings outside.
- We launched a new custom reporting module that lets you control what information is displayed on your Membership Roster.
- We launched an email course and blog series on how to retain and recruit volunteers.
- We created the new, free Community Leader Resource pack, which is a set of commonly needed forms and tools for leaders of volunteer and youth organizations.
- We made a number of security and usability enhancements, including: requiring password resets, emailing login instructions to new users, and major improvements to the Member Import feature.
- We created a new report showing you the total attendance by group, so you can see not only which individuals have the best attendance, but also which groups.
- To better protect your security, we implemented an Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate, which has stronger security policies, so you can be sure that no one will be snooping on your data.
- We moved our servers to a new data center in Dallas and completed a major re-architecture project which greatly improved the speed of the application. We also provisioned new servers on the East Coast for our automatic nightly backups.
- We added a new Activity Feed to the application, so that you can see what’s up with your organization as soon as you log in, rather than navigating amongst the various pages in the application.
- We made several improvements to our group texting feature based on your feedback.
- To get all of this done, we brought in an army of outside help by hiring more contractors than we ever have before.
And we have more in the works. There were a few things we planned for 2013 that we did not complete, including launching a new, related service and creating a video tutorial library for the software. Those are our top two goals for 2015, along with the regular feature enhancements that you’ve come to expect.
In 2013, we continued our strong growth by growing in size by a factor of three over the previous year, in terms of number of customers and revenue. What this means for you is that you can rest assured that Best Attendance is on a very solid financial footing and will be here for the long haul. Our improved financial situation meant that would could hire more people and get more things done than we were able to before, and we see that continuing into 2014.
On a personal note, I’d like to thank all of our customers for making this possible. The web-based version of Best Attendance is now three years old and is meeting our goal of strengthening volunteer, nonprofit, educational, and youth groups across the country. None of this would be possible without the support of and feedback from our customers, so thank you! I’m looking forward to continuing our relationship!
Founder, Best Attendance
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/susivinh/7531096986/
Take Attendance Online
Best Attendance is the easiest way for organizations to share event calendars, take attendance, update membership rosters, and communicate online. Try it free for 45 days.