Customers who have been with us for a while know that Best Attendance is continually improving. I just wanted to take some time to talk about what we’ve done and where we’re going.
Planned for 2012:
- Due to increasing server loads, we’ll be upgrading to some bigger hardware the first week of the year. The transition should be smooth, with no downtime for users. We are planning to make the transition at a low traffic time for the site in case there are any unforeseen problems.
- We’re expanding into a number of new markets, starting with our new horse show product, http://softwarehorse.com. This will launch in March.
Also for 2012, we have several new features planned:
- The ability to add attachments to emails.
- Guests will be able to self-register for events.
- Administrators and group leaders will be able to create recurring events.
- You’ll be able to specify locations, as well as start and end times, for events.
- When taking attendance, you’ll be able to set a reason for excused absences.
- Finish our internationalization effort so it accepts international address, date/time, and phone formats.
- We’d like to greatly improve the public facing sites that organizations can create. We currently allow the event calendar to optionally be public, but we’d like to create a module for administrators to add news and other items to their public websites.
What other features would you like to see? We’re always looking for ideas on how to improve the software. Drop us a line and let us know!
We made a number of major improvements in 2011:
- Moved the entire platform online.
- Improved the performance of the software by 32%
- Built group text messaging capabilities.
- Improved membership tracking by adding time in and time out fields to the attendance page.
- Built a feature allowing organizations to import membership rosters from Excel.
- Built a feature allowing organizations to export their membership rosters to Excel.
- Added three new graphical attendance charts, in addition to the tabular attendance reports.
- Added custom fields to member profiles.
- Gave the entire product a facelift, greatly increasing usability.
- Added a feature allowing group leaders to keep private notes on each member.
- Added a report showing upcoming birthdays.
- Lots of little tweaks and improvements too numerous to mention.
Not bad for a year’s work. Next year promises to help you be even more awesome at running your organization.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zulu237/6282947038/
Take Attendance Online
Best Attendance is the easiest way for organizations to share event calendars, take attendance, update membership rosters, and communicate online. Try it free for 45 days.