Best Attendance will work as-is on a variety of platforms with no modifications:
- Laptop and desktop computers (Mac, PC, and Linux)
- iPads and iPhones
- Smartphones with large full-screen browsers
- Touch screen kiosks
- Bar code scanners (optional)
- Magnetic card readers (optional)
- Any other device with a web browser and internet connection
Most organizations use Best Attendance on laptop and desktop computers and do not require any additional hardware. However, some organizations have the need for a more elaborate setup. For example:
- A school would like students to sign in and out of each classroom.
- A Boy Scout troop takes camping trips and can only take attendance on a smart phone.
- Security-conscious organizations would like to lock down touch screen kiosks so parents can sign in their students.
- A community theater does not have an internet cable running to the green room, but the Stage Manager does have a 4G connected iPad.
Please take a look at our Online Event Sign-In Guide for full details on all of our sign-in options.
Take Attendance on Smartphones and Tablets with our New Mobile App
Our new mobile app lets you take Best Attendance with you anywhere. Read More >>
Best Attendance can be used with mobile devices, touch screen kiosks, bar code scanners, and magnetic card readers. All of this hardware is optional, but does add a bit of convenience to taking attendance.
We recommend the following hardware:
Barcode Scanner for Smart Phones, Tablets, and PCs
For scanning barcodes with a smartphone or tablet, nothing beats the TMCT-10 Scanner from Teemi. See our blog post for a complete review.
Magnetic Card Reader
If your ID cards have magnetic stripes instead of barcodes, this product is compatible with Best Attendance. When choosing a magnetic card reader for use with Best Attendance, make sure that it is a Keyboard Emulation type reader.