2012 represented the second full year that Best Attendance has operated as a web-based application, and by all measures, I’m happy to report that the year was a resounding success! Here are some of the highlights of what we’ve accomplished:
- Built a new module which moves recruiting into the core of the software. This lets organizations follow up with guests and run effective recruiting drives.
- Made our text messaging system more robust and added reply forwarding, so that you’ll always receive replies to your text messages.
- Integrated Google Maps with event locations.
- Provided the ability to create weekly and monthly recurring events.
- Allowed members to upload photos from their computers to their member profile, in addition to linking to their public Facebook member profile.
- Added a new report allowing you to see aggregate attendance by group.
- Improved the import functionality to make it even easier to set up your account.
- Best Attendance can now print mailing labels for your organization in a variety of formats.
- Vastly improved barcode scanning integration.
- Cleaned up the look and feel of the software, as well as hunting and eliminating some minor annoyances, making the user experience more pleasurable.
We’ve moved our backup service to Amazon’s secure S3 data center on the east coast to ensure data reliability and redundancy.
Helping Organizational Leaders Be More Awesome
Since last January, our business has grown 225% with almost no investments in advertising. This puts us in a strong position to continue making improvements and helping even more organizations in the future. And boy, do we have plans…
We have some big goals for 2013. We want to let Best Attendance be a public portal for your members, while keeping it the great tool for administrators that it is. Our goal is that by the end of 2013, you’ll be able to create public websites for your organization through Best Attendance, where you’ll be able to:
- Allow members and guests to pre-register for events
- Share pictures from events
- Promote your organization on Facebook and Twitter
- Provide information for prospective members and maps to your meeting locations.
This represents a huge effort, and we certainly didn’t meet all of our goals for 2012. But you know what they say. If you aim for the stars and miss, maybe you’ll still hit the moon.
We welcome your feedback
Many of the features introduced in the past year were the direct result of feedback from our customers. We love hearing about your ideas on how to improve the product, so if you have any, don’t be shy! Just send us an email.
Take Attendance Online
Best Attendance is the easiest way for organizations to share event calendars, take attendance, update membership rosters, and communicate online. Try it free for 45 days.